Meet our group of experts
The enhanced health and safety protocol has been developed with external and international university professors and doctors in the field of epidemiology and virology alongside our MSC Cruises Medical Department.
We have established a blue-ribbon COVID Expert Group in the fields of Medicine, Public Health, and/or related scientific disciplines, and we are collaborating with them to inform and review our health and safety measures as they relate to COVID-19 to help ensure that the actions taken are appropriate, effective, and informed by the best available science and health practices.
The members of the Blue Ribbon Covid Expert Group are:
- Dr. R. Redfield. American virologist and infectious disease clinician who most recently served as Director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from 2018 to 2021.
- Dr. Ian Norton. Specialist Emergency Physician, currently managing director of Respond Global, formerly the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) Emergency Medical Team Initiative program.
- Prof. Christakis Hadjichristodoulou. Professor of Hygiene and Epidemiology at the Faculty of Medicine as well as its Vice President, School of Health Sciences, University of Thessaly, Greece.
- Prof. Stephan Harbarth. Hospital Epidemiologist, Infectious Diseases Specialist and Head of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program at the Geneva University Hospitals (HUG) and Faculty of Medicine.
- Prof. Camillo Ricordi. Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Dr. Jesus Arroyo. Specialist Internal Medicine, Geneva University Hospitals, Private practice, Geneva, Medical Affairs consultant, Trafigura Energy